AFG vs SA head-to-head Records and Playing 11 predictions
3 Min Read
AFG vs SA head-to-head Records and Playing 11 predictions
Image Credit: ICC

The first semi-final match AFG vs SA is set to kick off on June 27 at Brian Lara Cricket Academy. Afghanistan made it to the Semi-Finals for the first time defeating Bangladesh and Australia in the Super Eight stage. However, South Africa on the other side is still undefeated in the tournament.

Click here to read more: Nepal’s Cricketer Sandeep Lamichhane got selected for GT20 Canada League.

AFG vs SA Head-to-Head Records

2010 Afg vs Sa in T20 World Cup

Afghanistan and South Africa had only met twice that too in the T20 World Cup. Both teams will be playing against each other for the third time in T20 format. They first clashed on 2010 May 05 in the T20 World Cup at Kensington Oval Bridgetown, Barbados.

Afghanistan elected to bowl first and conceded 139 runs bagging 7 wickets. In the runchase, Afghanistan suffered a batting collapse against the strong bowling line-up of South Africa and got bundled up for just 80 runs. Aa a result South Africa won the match by 59 runs.

2016 AFG vs SA in T20 World Cup

Afghanistan and South Africa clashed for the second time in T20 in the T20 World Cup of 2016 in India at Wankhede Stadium.

South Africa won the toss and elected to bat first, South Africa posted 209 runs while batting first losing 5 wickets in 20 overs. Afghanistan in the run chase scored 172 runs losing all of their wickets. As a result, South Africa won the match by 37 runs.

Afg vs SA match Highlights 2016

2024 Semi-finals Match Details

Match:  1st Semi-final of T20 World Cup 2024,

Venue: Brian Lara Stadium, Trinidad

Date & Time: Thursday, June 27 at 06:00 AM IST

Playing 11 Predictions


Rahmanulllah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Azmatullah Omarzai, Gulbadin Naib, Mohammad Nabi, Karim janat, Najibullah Zadran, Rashid Khan(C), Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi

South Africa

Reeza Hendricks, Quinton De Kock, Aiden Markaram(C), Henrich Klassen, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Marco Jansen, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Keshav Maharaj, Tabraiz Shamshi

Afg vs SA Google’s Win Predictions

According to Google’s Win Predictor, South Africa possessed a 72% chance of winning the match while Afghanistan with 28%. However, Predictions are only based on the strength of the team and previous records and do not guarantee the result of the match.

What’s your opinion on the AFG vs SA clash? Who will emerge victorious in the 1st Semi Final? Will it be South Africa or Afghanistan ? Comments below…

Share this Article
1 Comment